Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Vinegar or Gravy

I read a very interesting article last week in the Sunday times about health and nutrition. The UK is also struggling with the problem of childhood obesity and the need for everyone to have healthier diets. More fruits and veggies, less fat, and more fiber. It pointed out that the average adult only gets about a 1/3 of the daily recommended amount of fiber. The author had some helpful suggestions that were pretty much in line with some healthy habits we've been trying to establish. How then, to reconcile this with the daily temptations of fish and chips and all this yummy English Stilton cheese? Well, good news. Jamie and I went out for "chips" for lunch yesterday and while I was waiting for our order, I was reading some of the posters on the wall. You can only imagine how excited I was to read these interesting facts. An average serving of fries has twice the amount of fiber as an average size serving of brown rice or a bowl of oatmeal. I'm not gonna arue with that folks. It's about my health. I have to look after myself. The only thing stressing me now is, gravy or malt vinegar? That is the question.

No comments: